Sunday 4 November 2012

Socializing

I was planning to go to one of the write-ins today, but it's cold and rainy and windy outside and my pajamas are so very comfortable. I'll just have to write on my own today and attend the write-in on Wednesday, instead. I'm going to get to 10k words today (hopefully), which means one fifth will be done. That's kind of neat.

On another note, archery was pretty awesome last night. We got to try shooting with a sight, which was an interesting experience as you draw the bow differently to make up for the fact that you're aiming with the sight rather than the arrow. I still think I prefer doing it au naturale, but it was still fun to try it.

The neighbours were shooting fireworks last night. Actually, quite a few people were shooting fireworks last night - I could see it all from my window (yay for seeing the whole town from my window). I have no idea why they were doing it though. It might be in preparation for bonfire night or something, but I'm not sure.

Speaking of bonfire night, I'm quite tempted to head to Lewes tomorrow, 'cause they're apparently quite famous for their bonfire celebrations. It would be kind of cool to see it, and, you know, be able to say that I've celebrated Guy Fawkes' night in England.

1 comment:

  1. You definitely have to celebrate Guy Fawkes!! And my day at the same time!! :)

    ReplyDelete